The co-founder of WordPress, Matt Mullenweg gave his annual State of the Word talk at WordCamp San Francisco 2012. Looking back over the past year and laying out his vision for the future.
- 16.7% of the web is powered by WordPress
- WordPress 3.5 will land on the 5th of December
- WordPress is now predominantly seen as a CMS, the future is WordPress as an app engine
- Possibility of real-time collaborative editing similar to Google Docs
- Matt is a fan of Google Chrome’s seamless update process. Would like to learn from it, keeping everyone up-to-date
If you’re after more, the State of the Word 2012 slides are up on Slideshare. And remember, iWeb are a web development agency specialising in open source including WordPress and Magento. Check out the iWeb Control site to see how we work with WordPress and as always, feel free to get in touch.